Skip to main content

Things That Make You Go Hmmm....

    I lost a post.  I know it was here, at one point, and now it's.... gone.  I'm wondering if it got removed/censored because of it's content.  It would really be a shame if my very sporadic posts got deleted.  I've been writing on Blogger for awhile, although not with any regularity.  Life gets in the way, and as no one is paying me to do this I have to actually go work for a living.

   I know most of my posts are directed at the left side of the political spectrum, but every once in awhile it's a good idea to look at your own side and take stock.  I was forced to do that when I sort of went back to Twitter/X. Now I have no side.  I have officially left the right.  (No, I won't be joining the left, because I don't see the point in leaving one set of crazies in exchange for another.)

   It started, way back around Easter, when the Daily Wire and Candace Owen parted ways.  Whatever the reasons might have been, it was preceded by a rather petty and childish X war, based on the fact that, when questioned, Ben Shapiro honestly answered a question in which he disagreed with some things Candace had said.  Now, whether or not those things are why she no longer has a home on DW anymore, no one is really saying.  I pay for DW, and I have no intention of leaving it.  There's just way too much good content.  And honestly, I could care less about their little war.  During this time, Candace started to, well, she went off the deep end. 

   Apparently, Ms. Owens decided, not long after October 7th, that Israel is bad and Hamas controlled Gaza is good.  She's in some great company: Kanye West, Nick Fuentes, Andrew Tate, the protesters on our college campuses.  She actually believed (or maybe still believes) that the "Muslim Quarter" is the only place Arabs and Muslims can live in Israel.  And she claimed to have obtained that knowledge when she went to Israel.  You'll excuse me if I think she should gain a few more facts before I take her ideas about Gaza seriously.

   Then she decided to takees the phrase "Christ is King" and use it as a bludgeon with which to beat Ben Shapiro, an Orthodox Jew.  As a Christ Follower that felt icky.  

   And then... a lot of people on the right seemed to be agreeing with her and Andrew Tate.  You know, the guy who seduced women so that he could have them perform sex acts on camera for money which he would keep.  Kinda like a pimp...err.... no actually a pimp.

   Suddenly, these people who claim to be conservative and right-leaning are bashing Jews, and even better, trying to make Germans out to be the victims of World War II.

   Then you have Tucker Carlson, who thinks that Russian Prices are so much better than here, not realizing that the poorest people in the US are better off than most Russian citizens.  Oh, and we are the scourge of the earth for dropping atomic bombs on Japan when they refused to surrender and thus saved millions of lives that would have been lost in a ground war in Asia.  

   All of this to say, I'm turning in my right card and deciding I'm done with both sides.  I'm can't take either side anymore.  I mean... just look at the choices they gave us for President!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Feelings (and apparently Justices) Don't Need Facts

I have a few questions about the vaccine mandate that no one seems to be able to answer.  The mandate makes little sense to me, because of these questions. If those who want to be vaccinated, are vaccinated, and the vaccines effectively protect against serious illness and death in most cases, then what is the compelling interest in forcing the vaccine on people who don't want it?   We now know (despite previous statements to the contrary) that the COVID-19 vaccine does not prevent a person from catching and spreading the virus.  If you need proof of that, look to major sports in the US.  Despite the vast majority of players being vaccinated, COVID has spread like wildfire through the ranks of the NBA, NFL and NHL.  It got so bad in the NFL that they changed their policies. So, if a vaccinated person can spread and catch the virus, how exactly does the mandate protect anyone?   Does the mandate violate equal protection under the law by requiring vaccine mandates for business with 10

Observations 10-26

I generally stick to writing my own stuff, not posting the writing of other people. My whole point in having a blog is to have my voice heard. Maybe that's a little narcissistic. You will have to decide. I have, however, decided to have a feature in this blog called Observations, where I take something I've read, and share it with you. Then I'll make my own comments. (I can't not comment. It will kill me haha.) So, from this morning's reading: From Mary Mapes's monster Share Post Print October 26, 2008 Posted by Scott at 7:04 AM In 2004 Mary Mapes was the celebrated CBS News producer responsible for stories that had won her the recognition of her peers. In September that year she produced Dan Rather's 60 Minutes II report on President Bush's military service that was exposed as fraudulent the following day. CBS commissioned an internal investigation (the Thornburgh-Boccardi report) demonstrating in detail

Demonizing the Guy Who Might Run For President....

In Three Years.  “If I didn’t care so much about our country, I would hope he would get the Republican nomination for president, because that would mean the end of the Republican Party." (Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, Rachel Maddow Show, October 31,2013) The next Presidential election is 3 years away.  The Primaries for that election are 2 years away.  And yet, I've seen a bunch of headlines in the last few weeks about Ted Cruz, and his ability to be nominated and to be elected President of the United States.  It's possible I'm suffering from Post Presidential Campaign Syndrome.  I'm tired of the campaigns and the politics of personal destruction that come with them.  Maybe that's why I'm trying to figure out why the Democrats are on a rampage against Ted Cruz running for President...in two years.  It seems that even though we just elected a President a year ago, we are still in campaign mode, and people like Harry Reid want you to know that