Skip to main content

Congratulations, from the other side.

 

"Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer?  Because it feels so good when I stop."

I don't know who said that, but that's what I'm doing today. I keep looking at the news and reading the stories, because when I stop it feels good.  I have a lot to say, and I have a feeling people will disagree.  If you want to call me names, I don't care.  If you want to question my character and morals, I don't care.  And yes, people are doing that.  Here's just a few quotes:

 “(Bobby) Orr inflamed one of the most grievous if underappreciated wounds of the Trump era: the sad discovery for so many of us over the past four years that so many of our friends, neighbors, business partners and heroes are not who we thought they were.”  -Andrew Cohen, The New Republic

“Sadly, the voters who said in 2016 that they chose Trump because they thought he was ‘just like them’ turned out to be right. Now, by picking him again, those voters are showing that they are just like him: angry, spoiled, racially resentful, aggrieved and willing to die rather than ever admit that they were wrong. . . . It’s clear now that far too many of Trump’s voters don’t care about policy, decency or saving our democracy. They care about power.” -Tom Nichols, The Atlantic

So our heroes are only our heroes if they agree with what we do.  They aren't our heroes because of their great sports accomplishments. As for the second quote, I'd like to break that down.  Angry:  Four years... four years of anger directed at a President, his supporters, and anyone he came in contact with.  Spoiled:  Four years of NOT getting your own way.  Racially Resentful:  I'm sorry, but which organization is actively setting fires, damaging property and looting over racial resentment? Aggrieved and willing to die rather than admit they were wrong:  Um, which aggrieved democrat has apologized for the hundreds of news shows they went on SWEARING they had hard evidence of Russian Collusion that never materialized?  All of those things describe the party who hasn't been in the executive branch the last four years.

The idea, that something has to been done about "Trump supporters" should strike terror in the hearts of every citizen in this country.  There are people calling for truth and reconciliation committees to fix Trump Supporters.  We just moved from The United States of America to the starring role in a production of Orwell's 1984.  We get to disagree, and we don't get to decide that we have to form committees to, I don't  know, re-educate those who don't agree with us.  

Let me explain something loud and clear.  Those statements up there?  They are the reason we ended up with Trump in the first place.  Apparently, no one got that message.

I didn't support Trump in 2016.  I didn't vote for him. Forced between two equally horrible choices, I chose to write-in, for the first time since I was 18.  Then I stood back and watched the left eat it's own, and the right fight a civil freaking war between the "Trumpies" and the "Never-Trumpers".  It was fun, let me tell you.  Then I started to read what no one was talking about.  A salacious, unverified, patently false dossier had been used to obtain FISA warrants to spy on a member of the Trump campaign.  That dossier was paid for by the Clinton Campaign.  The full power of the Intelligence and Federal Law Enforcement communities was unleashed on one party's political opponent.  Remember Watergate?  This was worse, way worse.  From the same administration that used the IRS as a weapon, it's not a stretch to believe that James Comey appeared to be the reincarnation of J. Edgar Hoover.  And the more these people, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, McCabe, and our friend Adam Schiff appeared on news shows to crow about the hard evidence they had that never turned up, the more angry I got.  I didn't vote for the man.  I don't like the man.  This was wrong.  

I'm tired of having my moral character questioned, because I wasn't running around saying "Orange man bad" all the time.  I'm tired of being told I'm a racist, I was born a racist, and I will always be a racist (see Critical Race Theory), because I was born with white skin. I'm tired of being told that I need to sit down and shut up, because I have the wrong opinions.  I'm tired of family and friends deleting me from facebook, because I don't agree with them.  (I don't agree with them, they have said some horrible things about people like me, and yet I never deleted them.)  I have been personally attacked.  One person called me old and outdated.  And you see, this is how you get a Trump Supporter.  I don't like the man, and I voted for him in 2020, and all of you out there who made me feel less than human for my beliefs need to look in the mirror.  YOU are the reason I voted for Trump.  YOU made me a Trump supporter.  You want to fix that?  Then I suggest you look in the mirror.  It took you four years, but by golly, you managed to make me pull the lever for a man I really don't like.  Congratulations.  Hope this is what you wanted.  As I read this morning from someone on Twitter... you reap what you sow.  Hope you're ready for it.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Taking Down of a Soundbite.

I saw this cartoon this morning on Facebook, and I thought "wow, what a bunch of fallacies."  This cartoon embodies the majority of Democratic Talking Points since 2008 (with a notable absence of the "War on Women" theme... hmm... wonder why).  The thing with this cartoon is, many of these arguments can't be boiled down into signs.  They aren't bumper sticker slogans.  They are real issues, with much deeper thought processes.  I'm going to take just a few. 1) We want dirtier air and water so CEO's can make more money. This issue has to do with the Environment.  It stems from things like the Kyoto Protocol, and various other internationally pushed treaties to help prevent Global Warming, er um... sorry, Climate Change.  Recently our President made a deal with China, whereby we cut our Greenhouse Gas Emissions, while they commit to maybe, possibly, making changes 20 years down the road.  The problem with all of these solutions is that they cost

When Feelings (and apparently Justices) Don't Need Facts

I have a few questions about the vaccine mandate that no one seems to be able to answer.  The mandate makes little sense to me, because of these questions. If those who want to be vaccinated, are vaccinated, and the vaccines effectively protect against serious illness and death in most cases, then what is the compelling interest in forcing the vaccine on people who don't want it?   We now know (despite previous statements to the contrary) that the COVID-19 vaccine does not prevent a person from catching and spreading the virus.  If you need proof of that, look to major sports in the US.  Despite the vast majority of players being vaccinated, COVID has spread like wildfire through the ranks of the NBA, NFL and NHL.  It got so bad in the NFL that they changed their policies. So, if a vaccinated person can spread and catch the virus, how exactly does the mandate protect anyone?   Does the mandate violate equal protection under the law by requiring vaccine mandates for business with 10

Observations 10-26

I generally stick to writing my own stuff, not posting the writing of other people. My whole point in having a blog is to have my voice heard. Maybe that's a little narcissistic. You will have to decide. I have, however, decided to have a feature in this blog called Observations, where I take something I've read, and share it with you. Then I'll make my own comments. (I can't not comment. It will kill me haha.) So, from this morning's reading: From Mary Mapes's monster Share Post Print October 26, 2008 Posted by Scott at 7:04 AM In 2004 Mary Mapes was the celebrated CBS News producer responsible for stories that had won her the recognition of her peers. In September that year she produced Dan Rather's 60 Minutes II report on President Bush's military service that was exposed as fraudulent the following day. CBS commissioned an internal investigation (the Thornburgh-Boccardi report) demonstrating in detail